Thursday, August 7, 2008

My dogs are tired

Feet, that is.
Whew-I have done some insane amount of walking the last 2 days!
Yesterday I started my new job! It's all the way out in Lower Sackvegas, as the kids call it, so I have to walk downtown for 20 mins or so with my heavy heavy laptop bag, hop a cushy bus for a half hour or so then walk another 25 mins or so through an industrial sort of area and then I get to work! It's rough on my arms and back(because the things is so heavy) but I am glad to be getting the walking in. Also, last night was knitting night so I walked home from that and tonight I went to the Dartmouth knitting night(bloooddddy marrrry, for you ladies who were there) and that was a walk there and back. Whew! My feet have blisters all over them! :P
Tonight we were celebrating my new job and winning the Knit Girl contest-I had some wine and some food(I skipped all meals today for some reason!), and we petted Lesley's yarn pirate yarn and it was fun :) But all that ghost talk makes me glad my man is here and already in bed-now I can go to sleep! ha ha ha ha ha
Tomorrow is the stary of the Ravelry knitting olympics. I had originally been signed up for Cherry and to finish Nicole's vest I had started making her. But I'm not sure I can finish both and 2 sweaters is a bit much and a bit boring. So I made my Private Benjamin hat one of my WIPS for WIPS Wrestling, as well as 2 afghan squares for my sexy ladies afghan square swap. I figure that's enough variety to keep me occupied! :P ha ha ha ha ha
Now-off to bed! Toooo tired!

9 comments:

❦ Jen ❦ said...

hellcat needs some crocs for her walking! crocs + walking a bunch = no pain/blisters!!! && thats always a good thing!

&& congrats to the newest BAD KNIT GIRL!!! woot!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you have been busy, busy with all that walking. But it also sounds like your day ended with a lot of fun. Jealous!

Congrats again on Bad Knit Girl. That is so awesome (and I totally voted for you, haha!)

I can't wait to get to knitting for the Ravelry Olympics here shortly. It's silly that such a little event makes some of my knitting projects so much more exciting to me, but I guess that's just the way it is. Go Team Knit Girls!

jkleclerc said...

Congrats on the new job, but that is a long commute! At least you have knitting time on the bus.

lulubelle said...

I was pretty happy that Phil was home too...I was totally fine until I went to brush my teeth before bed..ack!

I second the suggestion of wearing different shoes for the walk. I don't know about crocs (personally, I don't get what the fuss is about) but wearing sneakers for your walk would likely be a good thing.

Ann said...

Mary called, she's looking for you!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/Silver_Shadows/Bloody_Mary_by_darkshadowmagus.jpg

Stephanie N said...

EEeeeeeewww!! Crocs are the devil! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
So Lesley-I probably shouldn't buy those high heels I have been eyeing then? ;)
And Ann-that pic is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

You need foot massages every night from your man - that's what every Bad Knit Girl deserves!

Good luck with all your projects...I've got to get cracking on mine too so I can finish the Ravelypics.

Stellina said...

you need one of those rolling laptop bags. they might be dorky but your feet and shoulders will thank you. and you could probably embroider it and make it look adorable.

http://careerbags.com/catalog/mcklein-glen-ellyn-rolling-2in1-laptop-tote-p-127.html?osCsid=5134ce9a7a44abf44d2011a4f5705c67

Stephanie N said...

Melissa-that would SOOOO not be happening! ha ha ha ha ha :P
Stellina-That's a great idea! I WOULD feel like a bit of a dork, but if the backpack doesn't work next week I just might have to go that route! Thanks!