Friday, December 28, 2007

Naughty Needles!

Okay, so I remember when this book came out and I was so super excited for it. I am a pin-up fanatic and the idea behind it was too good to be true. Then I picked it up at a bookstore, gave it a flip and decided it wasn't so great after all.
Now you have to keep in mind that at that time, I was new to knitting and had only just started venturing into certain areas. When I started knitting, I planned only to make dishcloths and other horribly useful items of the sort. Then as time went on, there were more and more things I saw I wanted to make. All the while swearing I would never make SOCKS.
Socks are done on teeny tiny needles, I can buy them at the store, and they take a while. I didn't yet see the point. Then I picked up a Yarn Harlot book and by the time I was done, I wanted to make some damn socks.
Then recently, after swearing since the very beginning that I would never make a sweater, I now have a whole pile of sweaters I want to make.
So now that I have been surfing Ravelry every chance I get, there are a tonne of patterns from Naughty Needles that I now want to make. I guess I just had to grow up as a knitter to appreciate a lot of what the designer has created. I now have several patterns I want to start-only I have to finish that damn alien scarf first :P And one I started for a friend-Yorrick from www.knitty.com

No comments: