Monday, May 26, 2008

A busy busy week

Alright, so it's been a week. What have I been up to? Well, let me just tell you!
Tuesday I bummed around all day on the internet looking for jewelery making supplies-I haven't done a stock up in a while and I need to get off my ass and do it already. This time I was looking for some pendant frames-I've really enjoyed making the belt buckles and I found some neat copyright free stuff on Etsy that I can buy for cheap and use, so I need to find some good pendant frames.
Tuesday night was our first derby practice this season. After us all being off skates since the fall(when we lost our outdoor space and were unable to get an indoor one) only TWO of us showed up. Pretty shitty. The one bonus was that I really got to help the one other girl that showed up and she was skating pretty damn good by the end of it. For me-it was just like riding a bike. I love having my skates on!
Wednesday-I went downtown and met the boy for lunch, picked up my lovely casserole and bowl set from miss Brooklynn(!) and walked all over the place. Then I ate some supper and walked with Jillybean to L's place for knitting night(about an hour walk from my place). Lots of good exercise. I started a crocheted afghan for my bedroom that is all sorts of little squares in different colors all sewn together in the end. Later in the week I actually doubled the size of the squares so that a) my sometimes uneven crocheting wouldn't be so noticeable and b)so that I wouldn't have quite so much sewing up to do in the end. I think I need something like 130 squares in 3 different colors to finish it :P ha ha ha ha It's going to be a while. I think I'm on #4 right now.
Thursday I went to the mall with my loverly friend Raven Maven and we tried on lots of stuff in the search for this one damn dress I am trying to find. I finally found what I was looking for at Smart Set and of course, they didn't have Large which was what I needed. :( Then we ran into Kent Building Supplies Garden Centre so I could get lots of pretty veggies for my balcony garden! I didn't do ANYTHING with my balcony last year, so this year I wanted it to be nice.
We also picked up some fast food on the way home, which I haven't had in forever! I grabbed a big bucket of mixed KFC for me and the man to have for supper. It totally wiped me out of my days Weight Watchers points but it was sooooo gooooooood! ha ha ha ha ha
Friday I puttered around, met the man for lunch downtown and went to a second Smart Set to find my dress-again, no large. That leaves 2 left in the whole city. Friday night we hung out and watched Idiocrisy(?) which a friend had lent us.
Saturday we went to the park and had a good walk and I wandered around with one of my old film cameras snapping pics while the man and his brother played catch. There were many many funny dogs to be had. Then we walked all the way back and I picked up a little tree for Chad at another garden centre for the balcony. It's cute :P Then we had a full night of watching hockey and me making nachos and things and crocheting. I was going to go to a party that night and totally lost track of the time and next thing I knew Maven was texting me about going and i was half asleep and not up to heading out(it was after 11 at that point), so I didn't go :(
Sunday was our second derby practice! More girls showed up this time and most of the way through practice I totally fell during a drill and took my partner down with me! It was hilarious! But now my ass is sore-I totally always land on my right ass cheek. EVERY time!!!! My palm of my right hand hurts a bit too, but nothing I can't live with, of course. It was quite a good time and when I got home I was exhausted!
Well, that was my week. I'm glad I seem to be out of this reclusive rut I was in. For weeks now I have put off going out, even on beautiful days, and haven't really planned a whole lot to do things with friends. I have to make a point of just going out and enjoying myself, even if I am by myself at the time.I may even start reading down on the boardwalk-it's only about a 5 min walk from my place.
Alright, so that's it except for some pics of my balcony and a note to miss Brooklynn-I sent you a present! I don't know how long it will take to get there, but it's on it's way!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the being reclusive thing! I went from hermiting to being booked a month at a time!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

You have been busy! I love watching the derby here in town and always wish that I had the balance to skate. I would be a head to toe bruise if I tried though!

Mama Brook said...

:)

dime store daze said...

Hi,
I was checkin out your blog , which I think is so neat,, and I think I can help you with some cheap supplies for jewelry email me
Terri,

Mama Brook said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!
oh yeah, the chocolate was great too
;)

Just call me Ruby said...

Hi, congratulations, you won the competition on my blog but I haven't got an email for you - can you email me your address so I can send you your prize.

Ruby xxxx